Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Only the trivial is difficult

Once, a long time ago, whilst a student, I lived with a beautiful and erudite woman. This came as a big surprise to me as I'd never really expected it, being a grade A geek and grade B human-being I had not planned for a romantic life at all. People I just didn't get.
Her family didn't seem to like me even though they had never met me, sometime after we split up I heard that her mother had told her something about me, which was strange as, at that time, I'd never met her and we lived 200 miles apart, still to this day it is the one thing that bugs me beyond all others about the relationship.
To be honest the relationship wasn't going to work out, we wanted very different things from life.
I may have seen her several years later and not recognised her, or it could have been some other random angry woman, who had found that under this Adonis like outer shell, lies Beaker, from the Muppets, not ever Dr Bunsen Honeydew.
It's clarification of these facts that bugs the hell out of me today, from what I know she is happy and has a family, I am genuinely happy for her, though I do still miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment